Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Typical Wednesday Night

(Originally Posted 04/22/2011)

So, here it is...my first post (well, technically, my second, but the first one I was so freaked out that I didn't know what the hell I was doing, much like the first time I had sex, but that's a whole different story).  Where was I...oh, yes...my first/second post...contain your excitement and all over body tingling!  It was bound to happen, and now it is here, and the usual disappointment will set in eventually.  But then, you get to start over with the anticipation for my next post.  Tonight's is just a daily happenings, with a little musing...
So I screwed up a bit today.  At the tech school where I work at, we hafta makeup any classes that we miss.  Well, when San Antonio had that snow fart (as opposed to a snow storm) a few weeks ago, the school closed for the first time in the five years I have graced its halls.  As such, we had to make up that class.  In addition, we had two holidays this quarter, so that means that the classes on those days had to be rescheduled as well.  So, I ended up with two make up classes this week, which is kinda bummer, because they had to be scheduled on the nights that I usually have off during the week, meaning that I worked 6 days this week.  But, I digress.  So when we were scheduling these makeup classes, I accidentally put the wrong date in my phone (if you know me, you know I live by my phone...I would be LOST if I ever lost my phone...not to mention, mortified by the pics in my phone), and when I sent out the reminder, I told everyone to be there on Thursday evening for the makeup class...that is, both classes on one night.  Now, I'm good...like really good...at my job, but trying to teach two different classes at the same time may be beyond even me.  But I had a plan...or so I thought.
I went about my day, and about 550PM, I get a text from one of my students asking me what room we were meeting in for the makeup class.  I told him that it was on Thursday night, and he corrected me.  I realized I screwed up, and now had only 5 minutes to get to class.  I wasn't going to hafta teach two classes at the same time on the same night, but now I was gonna be late for the class I had tonight!  I quickly showered, dressed, and hauled butt out the door, sending text to students that I was on my way...and I arrived 30 minutes late to work.  And it was a total disappointment because when I got there, only 3 people out of 17 showed up for the makeup class.  What the hell am I suppose to do with only 3 students.  So we went to lab, and worked on makeup work and projects.  No lecture, no exercises, etc.  But we had a good time, and learned a little...I hope. Basically, I sat there and twiddled my thumbs for 4 hours.
So while we are killing the time, in walks Anti and Cheeks (see the Cast page for who these people are) and brighten up my evening.  Anti is one of those people who has a wise crack for everything, but she is pretty awesome.  Cheeks is there, and throws in her two cents, and usually, it is funny.  Nonetheless, they saw me suffering in silence, and came to cheer me up.  We spent the next 2 hours making fun of people (one of my favorite pastimes) and pretending to look busy.  All in all, it made the time go fast.  We sat outside, smoked, and discussed who we thought was attractive and weekend plans.  And continued making fun of people.  I was in the middle of a wisecrack, the text came...



If you don't know the story of Hooker (again, see the cast page), then this probably doesn't mean much, but needless to say he is a very bad person and the only person on my loath/hate list.  I knew he was in alot of legal trouble and have had nothing to do with him since early October, and was very excited to hear that he was being arrested.  My class was already on the way out the door, so I jumped in Boris (cast page), and hauled butt home...literally, I made it from I10/DeZavala to 410/Culebra in less than 10 minutes...hauled it in the house, and jumped in front of the TV.  I was tingly...I was excited...
side note...I know it is not nice to hope someone goes to jail...you hafta know the whole back story and you would understand...okay, sidenote over...
and when the story came on, it was NOT him!  It was someone who looked like him, but, nonetheless, it was not him.  Someone got me all excited for NOTHING!!!  I sat there for like 10 minutes totally disappointed.  I started dwelling on the past, and I had made a promise to myself New Years that I wasn't going to do that.  I wasn't going to let him or anyone make me think less of myself and bring me down, or go back to that person I was when we hung out.
SOOOOO...last night, after the disappointing newscast, I came to a realization...I made it through.  I survived him and all his crap.  I survived and am much better for it.  I learned alot from the situation, and, though I have been letting go a little at a time since October, I was able to let a little more go last night.  I wasn't sad.  I wasn't mad.  I wasn't anything negative.  It wasn't him on the news, and sure I was a little disappointed, but that was just because of the excitement let down...but I was okay with it!  I felt the need to append my original post to tell the story because it helps me remember that I am a STRONG person, and I will make it, regardless of how much someone who doesn't matter spends so much time trying to tear me down. I just really don't care what happens to him anymore.  I have more important things in my life to focus on!
Ok...kinda pointless...this was more for me than anything...so I'll stop now.  My future post will be more interesting, I hope.  Go forth and do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment